In today’s competitive global marketplace, brands need creative professionals with an ability to understand and connect cultures.
Having worked in several countries on two continents, I have a deep understanding of what connects us culturally. My natural curiosity for social issues, art, and emerging technologies, help brands compete globally and improve the creative product with purposeful 360˚ ideas, that connects people with the brand on multiple levels.
As a leader I believe ideas come from everywhere, and encourage an open process between client and creative, that’s build on collaboration and transparency.
As a creative I live in the hybrid grey zone of a designer, art director, artist and writer, where digital production comes as natural as doodling ideas on a napkin.
For 15+ years I have delivered ideas and designs for big network agencies like Saatchi & Saatchi and DDB on Carlsberg Beer, Tide, Honda, Miami Tourism, Carnival Cruise Lines and Blue Cross Blue Shield and as well as boutique branding agencies and for clients directly.
• 360˚ concept and design development
• Creative Strategy
• Brand design including UX/UI
• Digital, Social, and content development
• Website- and app production and programming
• Team Leadership
• Production Process and direction
• Workflow Management
soren@EatDanish.com • 305 491 2319
2015 - Current
CREATIVE DIRECTOR | ART DIRECTOR | DESIGNER
Creative development and design of campaigns and identity for advertising agencies and boutique clients in myriad of industries including education, specialty foods, tourism, beverages, fitness and technology. Drive the creative strategy, design and production of campaigns.
• Clients: Microsoft, Jim Beam, Knob Creek, Planet Fitness, Miami Tourism,
Boston Market, Innocent Chocolate.
2013 - 2015
Turkel Brands, Miami
Hands-on creative director. Led creative team and created multiple campaigns. Produced industry awarded "Best integrated campaign" for Miami Tourism which included 17 short films, website, social media and print advertising. Pitching new business, played pivotal role in client’s strategic and creative development and engagement to strengthen relationships and deepen contracts.
• Presenting creative work and leading strategic meetings.
• Directed photo shoots, television productions and digital content.
• Clients: Miami Tourism, Oster, Puerto Rico, miscellaneous healthcare clients.
• Growing the Miami and Puerto Rico Tourism account consistently YoY.
2011 - 2013
CREATIVE DIRECTOR | ART DIRECTOR | DESIGNER
Creative development and design.
• Clients: Office Depot, Puerto Rico Tourism, White Castle, Blue Cross Blue Shield,
Boston Market, Sandals Resorts
• Developed campaign that won $30M+ contract
2009 - 2011
THINK Global School, New York
Directed ground up creative strategy and campaign for new one-of-a-kind international traveling high school. Strategy and campaign included development of corporate identity, websites, viral videos, app, social media and public photo exhibitions throughout Europe and Australia. Full responsibility for creative outcomes for program marketed to a world-wide audience of educators, millennials and their parents. Developed creative strategy and implementation of global marketing campaign, collaborating with external vendors including photographers, copywriters and animators to web-developers and film makers.
2003 - 2009
CREATIVE DIRECTOR | ART DIRECTOR
Turkel Brands, Miami
Senior management team member with leadership role in creative and strategic agency decisions, including staffing, direction, growth, clients and budget forecasting and performance management. Designed and directed creative concepts, strategy and development for pitches and presentations to new and existing clients. Delivered measurable results for clients through design and production of targeted multi-media campaigns for a variety of major accounts in tourism, finance, healthcare, hospitality industries. After two years, was promoted from Senior Art Director to Creative Director.
• Clients: Miami Tourism, Canyon Ranch, Kissimmee Tourism, Bank Republic, Seabourn,
Mississippi Tourism, Puerto Rico, ACLU.
• Created and launched successful brand identity to improve health insurance market share for
Advantage Care, which per plan, successfully sold for $25M two years later.
• Developed multiple campaigns for Miami Tourism, securing a constant growth for 10+ years
by 10-15+% annually.
• Secured eight $5+M client accounts for agency through creative design pitches/presentations
• Led 9-member creative department team; responsible for hiring, onboarding, performance review
and individual development.
• Played pivotal role in client account strategic development.
• Won numerous national awards for agency with campaigns developed for key accounts.
2000 - 2003
SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
Responsible for creative development for international accounts related to travel, entertainment industries, including designing and production of TV commercials, photography and misc. digital- and print production.
• Clients: Carnival Cruise Line, Florida Lottery, Make a Wish Foundation.
• Directing TV commercials and photo shoots.
• Overseeing and directing misc. digital- and print production.
1997 - 2000
SENIOR ART DIRECTOR
Saatchi & Saatchi, Denmark
Created and designed national and international campaigns for multiple clients. Art directed television commercials and complex international photo shoots, designed print collateral materials, and delivered client pitches and presentations.
• Clients: SONY, MasterCard, Honda, Mitsubishi, Pampers, Tide, Oil of Olay, Hewlett-Packard,
Carlsberg Beer, Kilroy Travels.
• Chosen to work on a “European Swat Team,” based out of Paris Saatchi office, to produce new ideas
for more creative TV commercials for Procter & Gamble. Developed multiple concepts that was used in several European markets.
• Campaign featured in Guldkorn, the Danish equivalent to The One Show.
• Part of agency team that secured agency network contract for European SONY account.
• Developed brand and creative campaign for launch of Carlsberg Beer products.
• Miami Ad School Art Instructor (2004 -2007): Proud of the many students mentored who won
numerous awards, including a D&AD Gold Pencil.
• Frequent judge for national advertising award shows in Washington and Miami.
• Work is featured in misc. magazines including Communication Arts (CA)
• Requested guest speaker at University of Miami and Barry University.
• Multi-lingual: Danish, English, Digital-ese and German.
• Freelance doodle artist: Works on display and purchase in Chicago and Danish galleries.
• Extensive traveler, Burning Man alumni and passionate chef.
• BFA – Miami Ad School, Miami, FL
• BA - Political Science, Language - Vesthimmerlands Gymnasium, Denmark
• Student in life - Ongoing
I’ve worked on/off with Soren for nearly 16 years. Without fail, he improves every project he touches. That’s a rare thing. But he’s that good. He brings great leadership and
an untraditional approach to his projects, meshing well with a European sensibility to design and art direction. Soren also brings a laser sharp strategic mind, and perhaps most importantly, he brings a passion and joie de vivre to creative departments that raise everyone’s spirits and performance. You’d be lucky to have him on your team.
Greg Wheeler, Creative Director
Soren is incredibly talented, wonderfully even-tempered, a soulful thinker and afraid of nothing and somehow Soren developed all these positives without the ego on steroids that so many creative people seem to possess. Soren is all prima and no donna. I recommend him highly.
Bruce Turkel, CEO & ECD TURKEL Brands
I’ve worked with Soren Thielemann on several occasions in the last ten years and he has impressed me with his creativity and drive on each occasion. He has the rare ability to view a project from a unique perspective and consistently delivers an appropriate and elegant solution. Bringing an exciting, and often fun communication solution to the table.
Soren is conceptually creative and strategically minded and a has the skill and experience to take a concept and execute it with a craftsman’s attention to detail. He presents work well and takes feedback and input attentively. He is an extremely creative individual with a great sense of design and style.
George Kamper, Award-winning photographer
Soren@EatDanish.com • 305 491 2319